Distribution Automation Tech (Electric Relay Tech)
|February 05, 2013 - March 08, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are seeking a Distribution Automation Technician to provide efficient installation, testing and maintenance of the protective relaying equipment, communication systems and associated electronic control systems to include reclosers, regulators and capacitors.|
|Duties:||• Installs, repairs and maintains the system and related equipment, such as regulators, reclosers, breakers, etc. |
• Repairs electronic controls and electronic circuit boards to the component level.
• Performs switching functions along with another qualified Journeyman on distribution apparatus as directed.
• Operate switches and circuit breakers in accordance with switching clearances.
• Provides technical support regarding equipment and device operations including microprocessor controls, battery charges, line device recorders, etc.
• Performs the installation and maintenance of the Cooperative’s microwave radio system, mobile radios and base station two-way radio equipment.
• Performs frequency and modulation checks on the radio equipment and assures all systems are operating in accordance with FCC regulations.
• Keeps records and maintenance schedule on related equipment.
|Qualifications:||Qualified candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; Possess basic knowledge of water plants and electrical systems; good knowledge of the principles and practices related to analog and digital meter installation, calibration, maintenance, repair, testing and reading; ability to install, calibrate, maintain, repair, test and read meters and back-flow prevention devices; ability to analyze and organize data and prepare records and reports; ability to perform close, detail work involving considerable visual effort and concentration; ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to multi-task and work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and adapt to constantly changing priorities and situations; must possess a valid Texas Class A driver’s license and have a high school diploma or equivalent.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.