|May 09, 2013 - July 23, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs a variety of required duties and daily system analysis checks and assists in the overall effectiveness and quality of the water/wastewater systems. |
|Duties:||• Provides locate services for water lines when construction practices are taking place|
• Performs duties related to work tickets for disconnects, reconnects, and re-reads of water meters.
• Collects chlorine residuals.
• Checks for and ensure daily disinfectant residual.
• Collects monthly samples as required by State regulations.
• Prepares and/or completes various documents and reports as required.
• Assists on water outages (trouble calls).
• When required, meets with customers to identify proper location of service tap connection, and identify with flags, tape or paint the location for the construction crew.
• Performs other duties as required.
|Qualifications:||• High School Diploma or equivalency required.|
• Three (3) years experience working within Water and/or Waste Water department preferred.
• Experience in waste water is a plus.
• Must have. or obtain within three (3) months of employment, a valid Class A Texas Commercial Drivers License with good driving record.
• Must have, or obtain within six (6) months of employment, a Class D Water license.
Note: An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
• Must have computer proficiency at a level to produce reports, spreadsheets, and correspondence with developers, vendors, State agencies, and others as required.
• Ability to understand road maps and system maps.
• Must demonstrate the ability to locate underground water lines, either electronically or manually.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with peers and customers.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize workload, establish priorities, and meet established deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high-energy, fast paced environment, with changing demands and priorities.
• Must be able to work varied hours as needed and perform work in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions. Travel to and from each of the Company's locations is required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.